ELECTION ALERT: Tea Party Express Endorses Mike Lee for Senate in Utah
For Immediate Release: March 16, 2022
Sacramento, CA: Tea Party Express, the nation’s largest Tea Party political action committee, is pleased to announce its endorsement of Senator Mike Lee for re-election to the United States Senate from the State of Utah.
Tea Party Express Co-Founder and Chief Strategist Sal Russo said, “Mike Lee earned the endorsement of the Tea Party Express in his first campaign for the US Senate in 2010, when he faced an incumbent Senator and a prominent businessman in GOP nomination process. We identified him as a solid conservative who would work energetically for Utah and never lose sight of the principles that have built America. Mike has consistently voted his conscience and stayed true to the conservative values that predominate in Utah. We are proud to stand up for Mike Lee once again as the finest choice in the Senate election.
“As the senior Senator from Utah, Mike has become an accomplished leader in Washington, where his wisdom and acumen are sought out to bring together solutions to America’s problems. He has been in the forefront of opposition to the Biden Administration’s quest for higher taxes, burdensome over-regulation, and an increasingly invasive federal government that seeks to encroach on the fundamental rights of the states and their citizens.
“Serving as a prestigious law clerk to Judge Dee Benson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah and then for Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Mike affirmed his dedication to the United States Constitution. He successfully used his knowledge to enact The USA Freedom Act, which ends the unconstitutional bulk collection of personal data, while fortifying national security by closing loopholes that prevented tracking of known terrorists in the country. He also co-wrote the First Step Act in 2018, which reforms federal prisons and sentencing laws to reduce recidivism, decrease the federal inmate population, and still maintain public safety.
“Mike has been a leader in the Senate to stop the Democrats in Congress from adopting President Biden’s plan to increase taxes on Americans. Instead of tax increases to grow the federal government, his priority remains to protect families as was accomplished in the 2017 tax reform bill. The Child Tax Credit doubled for each child from $1,000 to $2,000 to help Utah families. Making the tax laws fair for Utah citizens has been one of his principal priorities, and no one has been a better friend of the taxpayer than Mike Lee,” Russo concluded.
The following are statements from local grassroots leaders:
- “Conservatives always have a champion in Mike Lee. Always. . . . He doesn’t back down, and he doesn’t trade his principles for what seems like a convenient solution. Utah State Senator Dan McCay
- “Utahns need a Senator who understands them, will represent them, and defend them.” Mike Bleak, Iron County Commissioner
- “When I talk to Mike Lee, I know he cares.” Amelia Powers Gardner, Utah County Commissioner
- “Washington DC has changed a lot of people. It hasn’t changed Mike Lee. Greg Hughes, Former Speaker of the Utah House
- “Senator Mike Lee definitely has our best interests at heart. Anthon Burbidge, Small Business Owner
- “I’m supporting Mike Lee for re-election because he takes the time to get to know the people he serves.” Dakota Frandsen, Resident of Gunnison Utah
To schedule an interview with a representative of Tea Party Express,
please contact the Press Office at 916-706-0124.