Tea Party Express Celebrates at the Republican National Convention
Tampa, FL – Tea Party Express, the nation’s largest tea party political action committee, is celebrating the achievements of the tea party movement this week in Tampa, Florida at the Republican National Convention.
Tea Party Express Chief Strategist Sal Russo said, “The tea party movement has proven to be an historically significant political movement in only the past 3 years. The tea party success is in full display this week at the GOP Convention here in Tampa.
- For the past 12 months, we have been polling our members on presidential preferences, and Mitt Romney has consistently been leading or in the top 3 choices of our poll.
- In successful primary after successful primary, tea party voters in exit polls were shown to favor Romney in every state he won except Ohio.
- Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio were voted as the top two choices for Vice President, and we were thrilled with the Ryan selection as it demonstrates Romney’s determination to tackle the fiscal woes that are keeping America for regaining prosperity.
- The tea party was formed because of disappointment that both political parties were failing to address the out-of-control spending in Washington. They have wanted new people in Washington that were willing to stand up for fiscal responsibility. The prime-time speakers at the RNC are loaded with new people, including tea party favorites Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Rand Paul, Governor Scott Walker, Governor Nikki Haley, Governor Chris Christie, and many others.
- Every indication is the GOP platform has been focused on the tea party signature issue – reducing the size, cost, and intrusiveness of the federal government, while promoting pro-growth, free market policies that will allow our economy to grow.
“That means this convention is led by a tea party presidential nominee, a tea party vice-presidential nominee, a speakers list overflowing with fresh tea party faces, and a tea party platform – I would call that a ‘grand slam,’” Russo concluded.
Tea Party Express Chairman Amy Kremer said, “This grassroots movement started with social networking to organize the first-ever tea party rallies. We weren’t political operatives, just concerned citizens ready to stand up and make a difference. Now, Tampa is filled with tea party activists fully engaged in convention activities.
“It’s the tea party movement, not Isaac, that has taken this country and this party by storm. So as we celebrate the achievements of the tea party movement this week, we are aware that the biggest victory is just over two months away. The passion and excitement that is overflowing at this convention is going to roll on to November 6th when we defeat President Barack Obama and rip the gavel from the hands of Senator Harry Reid. This tea party storm isn’t done yet,” Kremer concluded.